MENTOR Independence Region (Powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region)
Position: Manager, Quality Mentoring 1 (Full-time, Exempt)
Location: Philadelphia, PA (with travel within multi-county service region required)
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
MENTOR Independence Region (MENTOR IR) was launched in March 2015 to expand the mentoring field’s regional capacity to reach more school-aged children and youth with high quality mentors using best practices, training, and professional support to achieve lifelong positive educational and behavioral outcomes for youth. MENTOR IR is an intermediary that provides leadership and peer support to dozens of youth mentoring organizations throughout eastern Pennsylvania. MENTOR IR is powered by Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region and is an affiliate of MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR). MPRC seeks a Manager, Quality Mentoring to implement several key services to mentoring programs.
Develop and Deepen Relationships with Mentoring Stakeholders
- Generate new relationships with staff and stakeholders of mentoring program, mentoring initiatives, schools, and/or other related groups working on behalf of youth
- Develop and maintain relationships with above with intent to engage them in MENTOR IR Services to build mentoring capacity
- Travel to local agency/community sites in Southeastern Pa and Southern NJ to implement activities related to job duties.
Manage the systems for National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC), Mentoring Connector including the National Quality Mentoring System (NQMS)
- Manage and maximize the NMRC portal and the Mentoring Connector, including the NQMS system.
- Ensure accurate data and timely responses by MENTOR IR and our partners.
- Serve as liaison to the National Mentoring Resource Center and maintain the TA Contract Management System
- Participate in MENTOR’s activities and trainings on technical assistance, NMRC, Mentoring Connector, and NQMS
Execute Consulting/Technical Assistance (TA) engagements, NQMS assessments, and Trainings
- Respond to, manage all aspects of, and provide direct service to requests for MENTOR IR services
- Engage in professional development activities that promote knowledge of the latest and most relevant mentoring field knowledge.
Manage consultants working directly with clients on behalf of MENTOR IR.
- Engage appropriate and qualified consultants to deliver services on behalf of MENTOR IR
- Execute all necessary paperwork including Letters of Agreement, background checks, and invoicing
- Develop and execute processes to ensure high quality services are delivered.
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Attendance at the annual National Mentoring Summit in January
- Support MPRC’s Advocacy, Data Collection, and Stakeholder engagement efforts
- Participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region’s agency-wide initiatives
Academic: Minimum – MUST have a Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of Training and Technical Assistance delivery and/or administering high quality mentoring programs.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS CONTINUED
Professional: Knowledge of and/or experience in mentoring the field, training facilitation, and technical assistance delivery. Must have dependable and unrestricted access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums. Knowledge of SharePoint, Salesforce, and Teams. Preferred skills: previous experience in youth service organizations, K-12 Education systems, program administration, and working with socio-economically diverse populations.
Personal Attributes: Must be process and systems oriented, possessing knowledge on how to build and maintain processes and systems. Must be strategic, organized, creative, problem-solving, flexible, collaborative, adaptive, and take initiative.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for a position will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
BBBS IR promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS IR does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.