Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Location: Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth. We also strive to strengthen the youth mentoring field through collaboration, training and technical assistance, data collection, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Bookkeeper is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, assisting with reconciliations & supporting the Accounting Team. The Bookkeeper will work closely with internal and external clients to ensure that operating policies and procedures established for the accounting function are followed.
- Print electronic invoices.
- Lead invoice approval process.
- Post Invoices, check requests & expense reports in Quickbooks.
- Generate accounts payable checks and mail along with remittances.
- Handle vendor calls and any related follow up.
- Supporting Grant Accountant with monthly information for invoicing.
- Create invoices in Quickbooks for grants and set up receivable.
- Post payments as received.
- Health Insurance Benefit Invoices vs. Payroll deduction reports.
- Flex Spending Account receipts for medical, parking, transit & medical uploaded and coded.
- Process checks and cash receipts.
- Record Maintenance related to filing and scanning – COI, Contracts, W9, etc.
- Liaison with employ parking vendor – send applications, pick up parking tags & distribute.
- Back up for Payroll processing.
- Supporting the Accounting Team.
Minimum – High School diploma or equivalent required; College preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 1 year of Bookkeeping experience, with some accounting experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment. A good working knowledge of Quickbooks Pro and payroll processing systems is essential. Must be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications, Outlook, Microsoft Office 365 and have proven success working with data entry and reporting. Serve as a business partner to all departments motivated to help deliver the core mission. Strong verbal, written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with individuals at all levels, both within and outside the organization. Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities simultaneously. An appropriate level of confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to manage responsibilities and tasks according to assigned due dates and goals; be persistent in following up for missing information and requests for information; possess a good working knowledge and familiarity with general accounting rules and procedures; a basic understanding of the audit process and GAAP guidelines is a plus. Must be highly organized and extremely detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task; possess excellent communication and customer service skills; demonstrate a “can-do” attitude; follow guidelines; be a self-starter and team player. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) do the right thing 3) collaborate toward a common goals 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.