Customer Relations Team Leader (Philadelphia or Exton) @ Big Brothers Big Sisters IR
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Team Leader, Customer Relations
Location: Philadelphia, PA or Exton, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT IS HELPING MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CHILDREN'S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, Customer Relations. BBBSI is the fourth largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. The ideal candidate will support the intake function via the successful coordination of customer relations functions, as well as effective performance of individual customer relations functions, practices and goals. This position can be based in Philadelphia or Exton, PA. If based in Philadelphia, this position will require travel to the Exton office twice a week.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Support the Customer Relations team to ensure a high level of quality performance and individual team members’ professional development.
- As Team Leader, coordinates daily processing functions for up to 4 Customer Relations Specialists; assists Manager in team member performance review process by providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance; and acts as a peer leader for Specialists, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
- Assist the Manager, School-based Intake to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
- Responsible for hiring customer relations staff as well as training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees. Ensure accountability through metrics and dashboards that effectively measure team productivity and achievement of goals.
- Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
- Fulfills all electronic database documentation requirements; utilizes system to prepare and track personal and team performance; and demonstrates high levels of accuracy, efficiency and leadership for team members and all other internal and external clients and partners.
- Utilize technology and innovative practices to help CR team efficiently fulfil their responsibilities and continually refine practices and processes for improved efficiency.
Volunteer and Client Inquiry
- Identifies and eliminates, as early as possible, any barriers that may interfere with the completion of the inquiry process; documents and monitors all elements of inquiry functions and supervision.
- Obtain preliminary information and schedule/coordinate volunteer and child enrollment interviews.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to volunteer and parent/guardian inquiries regarding enrollment and the status of interviews
- Schedule Community-based Volunteers for orientation sessions
Background Check Management
- Manage the processing of background checks for volunteers, track missing background checks and troubleshoot issues
- Perform volunteer background checks and handle identity documentation.
- Update paperwork as changes occur with the enrollment process
- Through phone and email communication perform and document volunteer references
- Delegate references to team members to ensure timely processing of volunteers
SB Partner Scheduling
- Collaborate with the Team Leader, SB Enrollment, to create SB interview schedule
- Manage CR team members to efficiently schedule SB volunteers for interviews and FBI fingerprinting
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 2 years prior customer service experience; supervisory experience a plus. Experience working with children and adults in specific assessment, intake or interview roles preferred; proficiency in using databases for documentation and Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Outlook Access and Excel.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to demonstrate leadership; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; be approachable, organized, detail-oriented; and able to demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity.
Please submit both a Cover Letter and resume online at http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.
This job is open at the following location:
Philadelphia or Exton, PA- - Exton, Pennsylvania