Position: Customer Relations Specialist (PT)
Location: Exton, PA or Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth, while working collaboratively with corporations, government and community partners to strengthen the quality of the mentoring field and close the mentoring gap.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a part-time Customer Relations Specialist, tasked with effectively performing customer relations functions to the adult volunteer mentors (“Bigs”), youth mentees (“Littles”) and parents/guardians that we serve. This part-time position requires 24 hours a week in the office Monday-Thursday with one evening/month.
Volunteer & Client Inquiry
- Manages the intake of Community Based Clients and Volunteers.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to volunteer and parent/guardian inquiries regarding enrollment and the status of interviews.
- Respond to general volunteer inquiries and positively represent BBBSI and our programs to all those who contact us.
- Obtain preliminary information and schedule/coordinate volunteer and child enrollment interviews.
Background Checks & References
- Through phone and email communication in an office setting, perform initial volunteer/child mentoring match work by checking volunteer references.
- Perform volunteer background checks and handle identity documentation.
Grants and other tasks
- Collaborates with other service delivery staff to ensure a smooth transition among functions.
- Applies child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Utilize all BBBSI online databases and computer programs to accurately record and update client and volunteer information.
- Conducts monthly volunteer orientation session in the Exton office
Academic/Professional Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or minimum 10 years relevant experience) required per national Agency requirements. Experience in human services, with youth service organizations and socioeconomically diverse populations is preferred. Spanish-speaking skills are a plus. Must possess the ability to effectively utilize BBBSI’s internal database systems for tracking and recording information.
Personal Attributes: Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,100 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.