JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth. We also strive to strengthen the youth mentoring field through collaboration, training and technical assistance, data collection, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Director of Individual & Institutional Giving, the Manager of Annual & Alumni Giving is responsible for maintaining and growing a sustaining donors portfolio exceeding $400K, including annual giving and appeals, alumni and volunteer (Bigs) giving, monthly giving, and related events. BBBSI is seeking an experienced fundraiser to develop sustainable growth in this portfolio, and work across the organization, with the Alumni Association, and with several Regional Advisory Boards (RABs) to drive new revenue, increase donor engagement, maintain and elevate current donors with one of the country’s leading BBBS agencies.
Candidates with a strong connection to the community that BBBS IR serves and the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey area are given preferential consideration. Moderate travel to branch offices, community and corporate partners is required, as is some nights and weekend work.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Partner with, lead, manage, and inspire the Alumni Association toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes including alumni engagement and stewardship, enhanced connectivity to the Agency, and ultimately increased fundraising and volunteer recruitment.
- Partner with, lead, manage, and inspire assigned Regional Advisory Boards (Delaware and Chester County), aligning standard practices, establishing goal-oriented outcomes, and serving as the staff liaison.
- Advance the mission and vision of the Agency, ensuring integration through donor campaigns and events within area of responsibility.
- Partner with the Development Specialist, Finance, and other relevant staff to ensure thorough and accurate record-keeping/reconciliation, and effective reporting on team portfolios.
- Maintain and grow a dynamic portfolio of sustaining donors (<$25K), raising at least $400K annually via annual giving and appeals, alumni and volunteer (Bigs) giving, monthly giving, and related events through effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Plan, execute, and efficiently grow Annual Appeals. Leverage best practices to build the monthly giving and peer-to-peer fundraising programs, engaging alumni, Bigs, young professionals, and staff.
- Lead planning, execution, and efficient growth of the Alumni Association and associated events to enhance Alumni engagement, further the donor pipeline, and support volunteer recruitment.
- Support planning, execution, and efficient growth of Delaware and Chester County RAB events to further the donor pipeline, visibility in the community, and support volunteer recruitment.
- Steward portfolio effectively in partnership with Coordinator, Donor Relations and Stewardship.
- Develop annual plans and budgets, ensure planning and alignment with the alumni association and assigned RABs/RAB events, and create and execute fund raising strategies and plans that leverage best practices to meet fundraising goals.
- Maintain assigned Indyforce records and campaigns.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree, preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience with annual and/or alumni fundraising and experience in the human services environment preferred. Ability to work with many diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will display a record of accomplishment in advancement and a proven track record of fundraising success with annual and alumni fundraising. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Results/outcome orientation with a proven track record of exceeding goals, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences. Action oriented and promoter of operational agility to meet changing client/constituent needs/environmental changes. Strong yet collegial management style reflecting the ability to manage and lead people and groups, develop leaders and teams, build organization and staff capacity, and promote individual and organizational success. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors. Attentive and active listening skills, organization, and evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are expected. Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation. Our best employees:
- Set the bar high
- Do the right thing
- Collaborate toward a common goal
- Are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented
- Are accountable and get it done
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.