Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: School-Based Recruitment Specialist (full-time, salary)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth, while working collaboratively to strengthen the quality of the mentoring field and close the mentoring gap.
BBBSI seeks a School-Based Recruitment Specialist. This full-time position requires regional travel within the agency’s seven-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ, and some evening/weekend work with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. The position recruits volunteers and conducts “Big” interviews and assessments during peak enrollment periods.
Partnership Development & Support
- Develops and manages relationships with current and potential college and corporate volunteer sources to recruit new volunteers.
- Works with Manager, SB Intake to set grant site recruitment goals and evaluate progress towards goals.
- Develops and executes recruitment plan and conducts volunteer information sessions, orienting potential volunteers to the BBBSI program.
Grant and Project Assistance
- Manages grant communication between recruitment, enrollment, and match support team members.
Interviewing & Assessments
- Conducts volunteer interviews, writes assessments, and works with the team to complete each step of the enrollment process. Volunteer orientations and interviews are often conducted at the college campuses and corporations of BBBS IR partners.
- Reviews all volunteer enrollment information and assessments. Makes recommendations for participation in program based on all data. Effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of BBBS IR.
Intake process management
- Fingerprints potential volunteers for FBI clearances during the day and during evening hours as scheduled.
- Maintains accurate volunteer records in an online database.
- Applies child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
Academic Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (OR an Associate’s Degree and a minimum 4 years relevant experience OR no degree but a minimum of 8 years relevant experience) required per national Agency requirements.
Professional Requirements: Experience with recruitment and public speaking, as well as specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages required. Must have dependable and daily access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,100 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.