Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Team Leader, School-based Program
Location: Exton, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, School-based Program. BBBSI is the third largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships that ignite the biggest possible futures for youth, and strengthen the youth mentoring field through evidence-based mentoring services, collaboration and advocacy. This role will directly supervise a team of 3-4 School-based Program Coordinators and will manage two site-based programs. The ideal candidate will successfully balance supervision of their team with the effective performance of individual match support responsibilities, practices, and goals. The School-based program team manages program partnerships with area colleges, corporations, and local elementary, middle, and high schools.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Coordinates daily processing functions for 3-4 School-based Program Coordinators; manages team member performance review process providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance; and acts as a peer leader for Program Coordinators, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures for two site-based programs.
- Works with the Manager, School-based Program to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
- Fosters a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
Child Safety & Match Support
- Through coordination of site-based sessions at partnership schools, ascertains that elements of child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction are fulfilled, and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible; documents and monitors all elements of match support and supervision.
- Assesses individual needs, information and support for each match participant; ensures high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function; develops strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support; provides timely, comprehensive written summaries of all contacts.
- Effectively uses on-line database system to record and review all child/mentor match details.
- Recruits, screens and assesses potential youth for the program, and matches these youth with appropriate mentors to reach the match making goals at each site. Guides team members in recruitment and assists as needed to help the team reach the children served goal.
- Performs match requirements including establishing, monitoring and meeting goals for match length and customer satisfaction; utilizes program tools and assesses match impact on youth development; conducts exit interviews with all parties at match closure; assesses reasons for match closure and re-match potential; identifies and promotes re-engagement of volunteers.
- Provides friendly, approachable customer service and represents the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
- Develops relationships with team member’s liaisons, works to deepen these partnerships, and communicates potential opportunities to expand overall Agency relationship with partners to appropriate leadership.
- Offers match options by developing, marketing and presenting site-based match activities that offer volunteers and youth a variety of opportunities for interaction and agency affiliation; acts as liaison with site-based contact(s) to ensure effective implementation of program and coordination of all site-specific needs.
Training & Team Development
- Responsible for hiring Program Coordinator staff and for training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees.
- Diagnoses team development needs and works with the Manager, School-based program to develop appropriate content for regular school-based team meetings and team development days.
Academic: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree (social services or related field preferred) or 4-8+ combined education and years of direct service experience.
Professional: 2+ years functional experience in a human services environment and supervisory experience preferred. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: https://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,200 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds.