Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Community Based Enrollment and Match Specialist
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
AGENCY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION:
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships that ignite the biggest possible futures for youth, and strengthen the youth mentoring field through evidence-based mentoring services, collaboration and advocacy. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks an Enrollment and Match Specialist, tasked with facilitating the enrollment processes of "Big" and "Little" mentoring relationships, “Matches”, through conducting information sessions, interviews, assessments, processing applications, matching, and administrative tasks, including paper filing and inputting notes into the database website. The position is based in an office environment and requires occasional travel with some evening/weekend work which will be described in the interview process.
- Presents individual and group orientation sessions, using a Prezi, to explain the program in more detail and encourage possible volunteers to sign-up to mentor in the program.
- Assists with recruitment of volunteers in specific target areas.
- Conducts volunteer, child, and parent/guardian in-person interviews; providing child safety education; assessing and referring families for alternative or additional services as needed while applying learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Strategically engages families that live in close proximity to available volunteers.
- Conducts phone and email reference checks for volunteers.
- Fingerprints potential volunteers for FBI clearances during the day and during evening hours as scheduled.
- Maintains accurate volunteer and client records in an online database.
Assessment & Recommendations
- Writes thorough professional assessments of volunteers and clients provided a summary of their interview information, recommendations for acceptance into the program and matching preferences.
- Achieves good, very good, or excellent ratings on all written assessments that are scored for quality review.
- Conducts volunteer/client reassessments and updates information as needed, always maintaining accurate records.
- Makes recommendations for participation in program based on all data from reviewing all enrollment information and assessments. Effectively aligns volunteer/client interests and qualifications with service options of Agency.
- Pairs volunteers and children in 1:1 matches (goal is 7 matches per month), making recommendations to Match Support staff for subsequent training and support needs, and collaborating with other staff to ensure a smooth transition among functions.
- Ensures the Match Support Team has all the information they need to successfully support the Match.
Academic/Professional Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or minimum 10 years relevant experience) required per national Agency requirements. Must have a valid driver's license and consistent access to a car for the purpose of facilitating off-site interviews. Experience in human services, with youth service organizations and socioeconomically diverse populations is preferred. Spanish-speaking skills are a plus. Must possess the ability to effectively utilize BBBSI’s internal database systems for tracking and recording information.
Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsi.gatherdocs.com/.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,100 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor.